Are you tired of thinking you are too broke to do something romantic for your date? Worry not! my fellow broke people because your girl has some CHEAP date ideas for y’all.
These dates would cost you from the bare minimum to max. 10k.
It is popular belief that you need to have loads of cash to go on dates. I am here to change that belief.
1. The Views Date
- First thing is to find a nice view. The sunset, the sun rising and a starry night are all good views that God blesses us with on a daily.
- You could also try a view that has water or a view from a rooftop or even a hill. Key is let it be serene and peaceful.
- There are some views you can even see from your car. Just recline that chair, blast some music and enjoy!
- No car? Well you could take a blanket, mat or bed sheets to sit or lie on.
- Create a nice playlist that you and your date would enjoy. Use Bluetooth speakers or put your phone in a wide bowl or cup (DIY speakers tip).
- You can decide to get drinks and snacks just so mouth would not be dry after all the talking and extra activity.
- Cheap wine or drinks – 2000 NGN *
- Snacks-2000 NGN *
* Not a fixed price, adjust it as you please.
2. Picnic and a movie/ Drive Thru Lagos/ Sunset Drive Outdoor cinemas
Now these are actual events and cinemas that are in Lagos and Abuja
The Picnic and movie is usually takes place on Sundays at 19b, Adeyemi Lawson street, Ikoyi, Lagos a nice and low key spot.
The picnic usually kicks off by 5:30 pm and then the movie by 7. The setting is nice you can bring your own mat or rent one when you get there.
Beach chair, blankets, food, wine, snacks and pop corn for sure. They sell popcorn and shisha (I think…) Read a review here from Unravelling Nigeria of the event.
*P.S it is smoker friendly and pets are allowed
The Drive Thru Lagos is more like a watching a movie from your car with headphones on or it could be transmitted via FM.
You can decide to switch and listen to some music if you get bored with the movie. They have food vendors around or you can just bring your own food and drinks.
To know when their next event would be you can check their twitter page
3. Homemade Dinner Date
- Get groceries and cook something you know how to cook well. That your date would like.
- Be sure to ask for allergies so your night wouldn’t go south all of a sudden.
- How can you jazz it up? Get some nice scented candles. Have good music playing in the background and you could get some flowers or petals for a nice extra touch.
- You can also have something sweet for dessert like ice-cream, cake, doughnuts or small chops (small chops is sweet it deserves to serve as a starter and as dessert).
- Set the table really nicely. Make a cocktail or get something nice to drink.
- You can pretty much freestyle it, at this point. Make sure you look amazing and smell great.
- Don’t be pressured to cook something really fancy that you would probably mess up. If you can make lit ass pancakes then you better do it.
- But if you are a really terrible cook, just order something. Still try to make something at least, to give it that homemade touch.
4. Outdoor Date Idea
- For a hiking experience, there are a lot of hiking spots in Abuja.
- To enjoy your hiking, be sure to get a guide or get to know a safe route you can take. You can follow or message Naija Adventurers @FCTA8 on Twitter for hiking guides or suggestions.
- They also organize hiking events.
- Taking water, beverages and some snacks is always a good idea. For when you get hungry and eventually settle down.
- I am yet to discover any hiking spots in Lagos. But you might have better luck finding good hiking spots in one of the O states (Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo).
- In Lagos, there is a long-ass canopy walk (which can count as a hiking experience) in the Lekki Conservation Center which has a zoo and you can go there for a picnic as well.
- There are so many beaches in Lagos and entry to most are cheap. Go on horse rides, run around palm trees (Nigerian movie style), take walks, pick shells, watch the ocean or even have. The real adventure would be trying to swim in the waters but that is really for the brave cause the water is not clean.
- For kayaking in Lagos, there is a spot in Lekki Phase 1 called Abimbola’s place and it is located by the waterside.
- For Hiking – It is usually 1000NGN per person as entry for one of their hiking events.
- Lekki Conservation Center- charges from 500- 1000 NGN per person for entry.
- Kayaking @ Abimbola’s place – 5000NGN for 2 people for an hour and 3000NGN for one person
5. Games Night Date
- Find out games your date likes and new ones they would be interested in trying.
- Try to get a variety of games, like video games, card games, board games, puzzles, drinking games and so on.
- No need to buy all the games, a little borrowing and lending from here and there would suffice. Then you can buy the ones you can afford.
- There are many games you can play that do not need anything like charades, X&O’s, hide and seek (this would be a fun nostalgic one), truth & dare, 2 truths & 1 lie and many more.
- Even a pillow fight or a water fight would be really fun too.
- You could decide to make it a group thing but you could also just organize it for you and your date. That’s the whole idea.
I hope you found all these ideas helpful. Please tell me if you decide to try any and how it works out. Thanks for the reading.
Till next time,